This is your chance to “inspire a new normal” by supporting children with disabilities.
By signing up as a volunteer at the Sabrina Love’s day care centre for children with special needs (Die Sterreweg), you can help improve the lives of children who would otherwise have a very different future.
Sabrina Love’s day care centre offers a broad arrangement of activities!
Your role will be based at our full-time day care centre which provides services for 43 kids or youth with both physical and intellectual disabilities.
Students and volunteers are supervised or mentored by a member of staff and have freedom to implement appropriate and useful programmes and ideas that are in line with our vision and that will enhance our children’s development.
Many students/volunteers have chosen to upgrade facilities, repaint and decorate or introduce new and exciting activities which have been invaluable to our centre.
As a volunteer your role will be to assist with:
- Supporting members of staff with the daily activities.
- Feeding the children breakfast and lunch.
- Assisting the children on outings such as, horse riding, swimming, going to the beach, …
- Assisting staff with the general cleaning and maintenance of our beautiful centre.
- Planning and running your own fun games and afternoon activities.
- Looking after the children during their free time.
- Assisting on home/school visits with the occupational therapist or other staff members.
- Helping the occupational therapist with wheelchair clinics.
- Working with the youth group on several production projects.
- Helping with community projects outside of Die Sterreweg;
- Disability awareness projects in mainstream schools and in the community.
- Supporting the Lunchbox Theatre.
- Educational fun and games at Siyakula Crèche.
- Visit the field band practices
If this sounds like the kind of program you would like to be part of, then start the process now by completing the Volunteer Questionnaire below.