The Objectives of The Sabrina Love Foundation:
- Therapy and care for all disabled kids in need within Plettenberg Bay
- Advocate and promote Inclusion of disabled children into Mainstream society
- To Empower parents of disabled children with equipment and knowledge
- Provide world class care within our Therapy Centre –a center of excellence
- Create a Blue print model of practical Training and learning program within our Therapy
- Ripple the greater community of Plett and South Africa – To create an ethos of
Goodwill, empathy, and Love.
- To encourage the Nature Connection for all people that Sabrina Love touches
Two Key Strategies to achieve the objectives:
1. OUTREACH to COMMUNITY
- Provide service to disabled children to enable them to integrate into society with equipment and professional care.
- Including bringing life skill benefits to children with abilities. ie. empathy, creativity and mutual care.
- Inclusion in mainstream schools, disabled children supported by classroom assistants
- Create Inclusion awareness through marketing and events
- Empower parents by teaching them skills to continue therapy and learning for their children at home
- Develop app to be used by therapists and parents – weekly therapy programs, medical info, statistics
- Support, nutrition, encourage parent involvement, poverty alleviation, centralize communication.
2. SPECIAL NEEDS THERAPY CENTRE “Die Sterreweg”
- A place of safety including daily occupational therapy, physio therapy, socialization, motor skills, speech therapy.
- A place for parents of disabled children to workshop and connect.
- Specialized therapy programs – wheelchair and seating, nutrition, early intervention, etc.
- The blueprint of training, learning, nutrition and resources
- A place where quality of life and true potential is enhanced
- A recognized Best practices center of excellence
The measure of our success – KSF’s (Key Success Factors)
- To include every disabled child capable of being integrated into a mainstream school in Plett
- To include the families and greater community into the economy created by Sabrina Love ie., service delivery, taxis etc
- Holistic Care
- For every child (0-16) in Plettenberg Bay to be known, referred to and treated by Sabrina Love’s professional team.
- For every child treated by Sabrina Love to enjoy a minimum of 3:1 carers to child ratio.
- Every child that is unable to enter mainstream school to be accommodated at The Therapy Centre
- Provide provide annual multi-workshops for parent focused support groups and teaching learning skills to care for their disabled children
- Provide parents with IT tools to manage the health of their child and themselves, and remain connected to professional care and support.
- Creation of app – daily connection, better information flow of knowledge and skills
- The Nature Connection
- Ensure that Sabrina Love children experience at least one Nature connection every day. Gardening, horse riding, forest encounter, animals etc.
- Training Centre
- To provide training to students/volunteers ever year and Day Care center
The depth of the positive impact of the Sabrina Love Foundation
“Lives touched by Sabrina Love”
Results from May 2021 survey (based on 136 children)
Direct positive impact:
- The number of family members (in one house) supported for every child in Sabrina’s care.
- The number of staff and immediate family dependent on Sabrina Love.
- The number of children in mainstream school benefiting from having a disabled child in their class room.
Indirect positive impact – generation of revenue to the town of Plett:
- The thousands of people participating in the joy and togetherness of Sabrina Love Events, and weekly social media posts – promoting our ethos of Empathy; Compassion and Love
- The economic impact on Tourism and spend in Plettenberg Bay e.g.. Over 4000 participants in the annual sporting event for the last 17 years – entries/accommodation/retail/donationsie. R15 million per annum.