Race Rules General
- Final Race Briefing will take place 15 minutes prior to the start of the race the attendance of which is compulsory.
- The Race is adjudicated by a race referee who is the sole arbiter of the race.
- Only registered participants may participate.
- The wearing of Helmets (in the MTB race) is compulsory. No helmet, No ride.
- The race is started on the starter’s orders.
- Time is taken from the time of the starters orders until the participant crosses the finish line.
- Participants will be ranked according to their finish order in their categories.
- Timing is done electronically for all Runs (shoe tags) and the MTB race (number board). Timing is done manually for the Swims (numbered swimming cap) and the paddle (number on paddle). The kids of Steel event is not timed.
- Participants must follow the prescribed route as indicated by the route markers. Any deviation from the route may result in disqualification.
- Participants must follow the instructions of course marshals.
- Participants may not litter or dispose of any items on the course.
- Racing etiquette dictates that athletes requesting to overtake on single track sections be afforded the opportunity to do so.
- Participant may not smoke during the event.
- The course is measured according to distance entered, but the organiser may change the route on the day due to weather or surface conditions or other unforeseen circumstances.
- In the event of inclement weather, wildfire or other unforeseen circumstances which could affect the safety of participant’s or the abilities of organisers to manage the event , organisers may; delay, reroute or cancel the event. In such a case no refunds are possible.
Emergencies. In the case of an emergency the race organiser can be contacted by phone on EMERGENCY NUMBER 072 592 8876 or the nearest race official can be informed of the situation.
Kids of Steel Rules
- Final Race Briefing will take place 15 minutes prior to the start of the race, at the start of the race, the attendance of which is obligatory.
- Participants will be divided into start groups depending on their age. Older groups will be started first.
- Participants are required to prepare shoes in a transition area at the end of the swim.
- The wearing of shoes for the Adventure Run is compulsory.
- The wearing of Swimming Cap is compulsory.
- Parents may follow their children around the course and assist and encourage their children but may not attempt the obstacles themselves.
- These events are not timed nor are participants ranked. Every Kid of Steel will receive a medal at the finish line.